Shelly and Dan
Madeline
Davis
Hannah
Joseph
The Baby

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dodging The Fiery Darts

A few days ago, my friend Amy Levy sent me an email with this thought... "I don't want to live a life that Satan doesn't want to bother with."

I'm now back home from the hospital, safe and sound and thoroughly covered in blessings and help from our church and friends. But Dan and I do feel like we're in the midst of a full-on spiritual attack on our family.

On Saturday night, we showed the SixtyFeet film, "Bereaved," to more than 200 women at the CFC Retreat. Not only that but we were also able to show the new ending to the film -- featuring the homecoming footage of Hannah and Joseph and our first night as a family of 7. It was powerful and awesome the Enemy HATED it. For real.

On the way home from the film showing that night, our car (our brand new, 8-seater car that doesn't even have a real license plate yet) broke down. Dan had to be towed all the way back to Atlanta.

On Sunday when I came home from the conference, I started running the fever, became sick and just spent 24 hours in the hospital.

I'm sure there is more to come because Satan is not pleased. Dan didn't enjoy hanging out in a broken down car on the side of the interstate in freezing cold weather on Saturday night. I didn't enjoy my sleepless night in the hopsital away from my children all day yesterday and today. But I've got to say, I'm proud to live a life that Satan wants to bother with.

Last night at the hospital was not as cut and dry as we had hoped. It was actually not my appendix but my right ovary which sits directly under my appendix. Apparently I had a rather large cyst which ruptured and bled out. My doctor sent me home this afternoon with some pain medication and an ultrasound appointment for Friday. Depending on the situation on Friday, I may still require surgery or it may all take care of itself. Either way, it was a little more intense than what I was hoping for. No one really wants to hear the words "um, it looks like you have a mass on your ovary."

But Satan has no power over me or mine and Dan and I are not afraid of him. If Satan is not pleased with our family then that's just too bad -- for him.

We have been the blessed recipients of so much care over the last 24 hours that it has almost been worth all the trouble anyways. Dan and I are seriously amazed by the number of people the Lord mobilized today on our behalf. Who knew we were so loved? I mean, after I called Dan yesterday and told him I was heading to the ER, he made two phone calls -- one to our dear friends Joy and Scott and one to our pastors, Curt and Jonathan. And within minutes, meals, babysitters, carpools and grocery store runs were arranged. We were covered in prayer and received more text messages and emails than I can count from the people who are praying for us.

We are a little tired from our night in the ER, I'm still in some pain and I'm feeling a little guilty for not spending more time with the children over the last few days but mostly we are blessed.

"... God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him."
-- Romans 15:13

Thanks to my friend Susan for sending me this verse... it was just what I needed today.

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

We are praying for your entire family and praising God that He has provided so many like-minded people in your life to run this race with!

Alison said...

Yep, it sounds like this is definitely a spiritual attack. Will be praying for ya'll! Hope that you are feeling better really soon!

Counting it all JOY! said...

Yes girl...when we choose to live our lives in a radical way for Jesus, we are to expect major attacks from Satan! Praying peace, joy and blessing in the midst of attack. Stand Strong! Also praying for complete healing in your body and that your 5 children will have understanding and patience for and with you! Looking forward to bringing dinner on Saturday...can't wait to meet Joseph and Hannah!!! Love, ashley

Unknown said...

Amen sister! I agree, i don't want to live a life that doesn't cause the enemy to get up in arms...but it's not always fun either. So glad to be in this with you and be able to pray for one another and fight TOGETHER for God's purposes in this world!! Love to you!!!

The Fruitful Family said...

I can't think of anyone else I'd rather rally around and love through these trials!! Praying for you all!

Ashley said...

Wow. Well, let me say that the movie Saturday night was so eye opening to me. I sat there with my hand covering my mouth the entire time, but since then I have not shut my mouth! I'm telling everyone about it, and 60 feet...God is on the move, and you're right...too bad for Satan!