Shelly and Dan
Madeline
Davis
Hannah
Joseph
The Baby

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Redneck Radio

This past weekend, Dan and I made our big radio debut! Just kidding – it wasn’t all that big. But I was completely nervous, just the same.


We were guests on a Christian talk radio show called “Called to Action” out of Raleigh, N.C. The show is hosted by a truly remarkable guy, named Steve Noble. Steve describes his life calling as this… “while some Christians are called to comfort the afflicted, I feel called to afflict those who live in comfort.” Whoa. In other words, Steve feels called to wake up the American church. He feels called to call people to action and to encourage his Christian brothers and sisters to step outside of their comfort zones in order to live and love better.

As you can probably tell, this is my kind of people. Dan and I LOVED hanging with Steve and we felt completely honored to appear as guests on his awesome show.


Against my better judgment, I am including the link to the show below. Try not to pay too much attention to my part. Dan did way better. I was super nervous and I was somewhat shocked (though not completely shocked) to discover that I have a bit of a southern accent.

Oh well. I suppose my big city friends don’t call me a redneck for nothing. Come to think of it, I used to work for Richard Petty, the king of NASCAR, years ago. And believe me, you don’t score a gig like that unless you’re at least a little bit Red. But I digress...

Thanks Ashley for setting up this interview, for arranging the North Carolina Bereaved showing and for organizing the Raleigh Cupcake Kids sale which raised a whopping $1500 for SixtyFeet!! Thanks also to Heidi and Maggie for keeping the Little Crazy Crew and holding down the fort at home. We love you all dearly and we count ourselves blessed to have such awesome friends, both old and new!

To listen to our interview, click http://c2athisweek.org/CMS/podcast and scroll down to the June 24th show, featuring SixtyFeet. But you have to promise not to make fun of me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A little Red or not, you are fabulous! I am so glad that you both had this opportunity to pass the knowledge and the need on for others to hear and join in the efforts!

Emily Hapner said...

Shelly--My husband and I live in Raleigh. We actually met Steve & the Hemphill Family at the Farmer's market back in June at the Cupcake Kids sale-and we talked for quite awhile. We're in the process of adopting from Ethiopia--however we feel God tugging at our hearts and possibly calling us to Uganda. We're looking for a kind soul to lead us in the right direction and help dive into this. Any helpful hints would be appreciated! My email is: emily.hapner@gmail.com. Thanks, Shelly!