Shelly and Dan
Madeline
Davis
Hannah
Joseph
The Baby

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer Shout-Outs

Since it’s summer, I’ve decided to loosen up a bit. I have even given myself permission to write a couple of completely disjointed paragraphs in a single blog post… I know, I am such a wild woman.

First, a shout-out to my Hannah for her fabulous new hair-do.

Yep, I spent the afternoon at the Buckhead Weave Shop. Now there’s a sentence I never thought I’d say.

Second, a shout-out to all of you who supported our dear friends Ernest & Catherine over the last month, both financially and through prayer. Below are some additional pictures from Dan’s recent trip to Uganda:

That's E & C with Ernest's son and junior pastor, Boaz. They're sitting in front of the new house. Dan walked over with them after church -- just a 3 minute walk.
Mama Catherine, a new family addition and the stuffed kitty Hannah sent over with Dan.
Pastor Ernest -- he's a rockstar.
Third, a shout-out to my friend, Andrea. In blog world, y’all might know Andrea as the mastermind behind the Created for Care Retreat, a founder of Wiphan Ministries, the organizer of the Atlanta African Family Fellowship and the writer of the famous and fantabulous blog, Babe of My Heart. In the real world, she’s one of my dearest and most trusted friends. If Andrea has blessed your life (and chances are, she has) this is your chance to bless her back. Head over to her blog and purchase the super cool t-shirt that will support her upcoming mission trip to Zambia. Also, every shirt purchase will enter you in the drawing for an AMAZING give-away. Don’t miss it.



Fourth, a shout-out to my friend, Heidi. Heidi used to cut my hair years ago, way back when Team Owens was just Dan, me and our Baby Madeline (who is now 7 ½ ). As most women do with their hair stylists, Heidi and I spent many hours talking and sharing our hearts while I sat in her chair at True Salon. From my very first appointment with her, Heidi and I realized that we were both committed Christ followers and that the Lord had broken our hearts for many of the same things.

Heidi has since married and moved outside of Atlanta, but I recently reconnected with her and her new husband, Jason. And guess what – Heidi and Jason are adopting their first child from Uganda! Word is that the Crazy Blog even had a hand in encouraging them to pursue this path. If that’s not a compliment, I don’t know what is.

In August, Heidi and Jason will embark on the trip of a lifetime as they travel to Uganda for an “adoption inquiry” trip where they will visit various orphanages to learn about their needs, serve with various Ugandan ministries and generally immerse themselves in the Ugandan culture. Pop over to Faith Makes Us Bold and sign up now as a follower. I can’t wait to follow every second of their trip!

And last but not least, I want to introduce y’all to a new friend of mine: The Sparrow Fund. Just in case any other readers, like Heidi and Jason, get themselves inspired and are considering adoption, this is something you should check out.

The Sparrow Fund provides grants for medical reviews for adoptive families, which is a service typically not covered by insurance. This fund was started by a few regular ol’ families who have hearts for adoption. Simply put, these folks are committed to seeing less orphans in the world. They provide these grants because they desire that nothing should be an obstacle in the adoption process. And that’s pretty awesome.

Check out their website to learn more.

And that’s all I’ve got. If you’ve got anything fun or exciting that I can share on my next Summer Shout-Out post, please let me know. I want to do a couple of these over the next few months and share the craziness! Happy Summer y'all!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Tell Hannah that her hair looks fabulous!

And I love your shout-outs. One of these days... LOL

Audrey B said...

Hannah's hair is gorgeous!

We are fundraising for our adoption now, so you can shout out about that if you want. ;)