Shelly and Dan
Madeline
Davis
Hannah
Joseph
The Baby

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Blessed.

"Love begins by taking care of the closest ones -- the ones at home."
-- Mother Teresa

 
In the day-to-day of messy rooms, dirty laundry, runny noses and to-do lists, I sometimes find it hard to believe that I'm really doing eternally significant work by raising my children.

Surely I could spend my time doing more important things...

I could fight more fiercely against injustice and poverty.

I could spend more time working for SixtyFeet.

I could attend more weekend conferences to share our message.

I could lead more Bible studies.

I could volunteer more of my time to worthy organizations.

But I'm fully convinced that this is the most important mission field I'll ever serve in...







Thanks, Griffin Gibson, for family pictures as beautiful as last year's.


It's true what they say... the days are long but the years are short. And another year has passed in the blink of an eye.

As much as I love the work Dan and I do in Uganda and in the inner city of Atlanta and with our little church plant, the work I do at home is the most important of all.

I am blessed.

7 comments:

Nona said...

Amen and amen and amen!

Shauna said...

Amen! My words exactly. I often feel the pressure to "do" more with what I do but my first priority is here. My first call is with my husband and babies. Together we step out. :0)

Nicole Renée said...

Beautiful shots of your kiddos. And yes indeed my blog friend, you surely are blessed!

Unknown said...

Love this post and the pictures! :-) It turns out that Griffin goes to my church - haha small world right?

CaseyCMom said...

Yes! Thanks for sharing these photos of your precious ones and for a great reminder of the truth about our most important ministry as women!

The Splendiferous Life said...

So true..time goes by so fast. It's these moments and memories that will last forever..

Janelle-A Story of Grace said...

oh these pictures... be still my heart!

Janelle