Shelly and Dan
Madeline
Davis
Hannah
Joseph
The Baby

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Passionized!


Well now I’ve done it. I’ve gone and gotten myself all “Passionized.”

Dan and I spent a couple of nights last week at Passion2012 -- pretending to be 21 (although I doubt we were fooling anyone), rocking out with Chris Tomlin and basking in the teachings of Louie Giglio, Francis Chan and John Piper. We even ran into David Platt at dinner one night.



The days we spent at Passion were such a time of renewal and refreshment for Dan and me. We came home encouraged, inspired, convicted and filled to the brim.


I don't know if you'll hear from me again in a couple of days or a couple of weeks. I want more time in prayer, more time in the Word and more time just sitting and being quiet before the Lord. I need to get my thoughts together and digest all that I heard and learned last week.

But consider yourself forewarned -- I’ve got some posts a-brewin’.

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Sounds like an amazing time. Funny but our Pastor just mentioned Passion this morning and I though to myself, now who just mentioned that conference to me and it was you in your email!! I can't wait to hear what you will have to share but yes, you are right to take time and meditate on what God has shown you.

Thank you for being a blessing!!

Naomi

KellyClark said...

Wow, you rubbed elbows with celebrities!!!! Congratulations on your time away. I am happy for your new found refreshment. Look forward to all the upcoming posts. I love checking in with you. --Kelly
http://troyandkellyadopt.blogspot.com/

Lauren @ mercy(INK) said...

Hi there--- I just came across your blog and story from The Lettered Cottage. I am so grateful to have found your story!!! My best friend has two sons adopted from Ethiopia, and my husband and I have known we are called to adopt--- just keep having surprises sent our way :) Continue to pray for His perfect timing.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for sharing, and for your obedience! I've shared your story at summitstreetjoy.com and confidentofthis.com

blessings to your sweet family and on the ministry in 2012!
-lauren